Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Mighty Tararua's.....The spiritual home


Well this is my home mountain range. From the early cub tramps through to the many tramps at school, the tararuas got a hammering. It was always good tramping with Mum for the first 6 Years before I went boarding school. We had some fun and went to some very cool places. Mum was looking after Scott, Derek and I as we had lots of adventures. It was at boarding school that my tramping really developed where I met Simon Gorman who took me under his wing. He is a mentor and a great friend. By the time I was 16 I was doing trips in the Tararua's by myself.
One thing you can guarantee about the tararua's is you are bound to get some crap weather at some stage but a fine day makes all those crappy days worth it. Have completed several trips up there in the last few years and always ask mum how they are looking when I phone. B.C.L wil get back up there soon. Walk on. Gilby

No comments:

Post a Comment